Monday, January 30, 2012

I hate meal planning...
and grocery shopping...
and cooking.
I really really do.
BUT I love eating.
and I love reading about what other people are eating.
Weird huh?
I LOVE pinterest and all the incredible food ideas I get there.
Anyway, my friend Amy does meal planning monday
{which I LOVE}
and I thought maybe it would be fun to follow her lead,
and I figure it may help me get it together with the whole meal planning thing.
only I don't plan by day...
I just plan a weeks worth,
and then pick from the list.
you know...cuz I'm crazy like that.

1. spaghetti with meatsauce
salad

2. hearty beef chili
cornbread

3. chicken salad
muffins for the boylies
{makes the whole salad for dinner thing work}

4. chicken parmesan
pasta
salad

5. tacos

I'll normally link recipes,
but spaghetti, tacos and salad are recipeless...
and the other two are test recipes for a gf blogger that's writing a cookbook.
{so they're secrets right now... shhh-hhh}

9 comments:

  1. ummm, yes, i fully confess to trying to click on all of the recipes. HA.
    loooooooooooove you.
    xoxoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That salad looks delish.
    And now I'm hungrier thankyouverymuch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I may just copy a few choices this week.
    They're just the kind my guys like.
    Testing for a gf blogger is exciting!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for meal planning
    can.NOT.wait. to see what you are cooking every week
    totally in a non-stalkerish way (well, maybe a little)
    and that salad looks delish!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE to meal plan and cook, it's just the actual getting the groceries part that I hate~
    blog MORE!
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm coming over so you can make me that salad. it looks DELICIOUS. and i don't even need muffins to go with it.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your fam would like our 7 'bean' soup, um, but it really doesn't have 7 types of beans in it
    1 pack of taco seasoning
    1 pack of hidden valley ranch dressing mix
    1 can chicken broth
    1 can petite diced tomatoes
    1 can whole tomatoes
    1 can shopeg white corn
    1 can light red kidney beans
    1 can navy beans
    1 can black beans
    1.5 lbs ground beef

    cook beef, then add all ingredients to crock pot on low all afternoon!
    I make sweet corn bread with mine- I use 1 white cake mix and 2 boxes of jiffy corn bread mix--I add what all boxes call for and you can made muffins or a cake-then bake.

    My family LOVES it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love you

    cheesecake hugs and kisses

    essie

    ReplyDelete